Wednesday, November 14, 2007

NEW KITCHEN CHAIR

To most normal people, a kitchen chair is usually one that goes with a kitchen table. To me, it is now an office type swivelly chair for me to sit on while trying to make something to eat in one of the world's strangest kitchens. I love my kitchen. It's so small that everything is in reach from where I used to stand! I could just reach out and whatever I wanted was right there. It is also small enough so that I really couldn't fall over. Now that I can't stand long enough to even fry an egg, or wait for the electric kettle to almost boil for coffee, and need a chair in there, the only things I have to stand up to get are in the either the cupboard or pantry. It works for me. The chair has to swivel so that I can just swing a bit to get things from the counter to the stove top or oven. The wheely wasn't doing the job for me because it took up too much room and was very hard to turn in that tiny space.
Moshe brought the chair over in the afternoon and I'll run the check out to him in a while. I do admit to being chuffed at not having to pay on the spot. That doesn't happen very often in this country, but there are still several stores in town that will let me get away with that.
It's nice to have the computer chair back here. The wheely really wasn't working here either. Wheelies are only good for what they are meant to do. Rolling from place to place. The Gimp House living room now looks like a wheely parking lot. It's a good thing that it's mostly just me and Peg living here, though I suspect that Peg is trying to figure out a way to give at least one of the wheelies a parking ticket. That would be the one parked in such a way to block him from wriggling into the space behind the fridge so that his hair won't clog the whatsit of the fridge. But he can get up on his chair, so that's ok.
I don't have much to do today. Just a quick run into town to get something from my insurance guy, buy fags, give Moshe his check and maybe go grocery shopping. I don't know what Dem Der has planned, but with a little luck he'll be here to help bring the goeceries in. I also must, absolutely must take the car for a quick run. It's been over a week since I last used it and it does like it's exercise.
Yefim was here yesterday and adjusted New Harley Too's handle bars and swapped the wheels from Harley Too to New Harley Too, so, no more worries about checking the air pressure or getting a flat. The ride is not noticably rougher and I am most pleased. He told me what to say to the gal who make the service call list so that he would be able to not charge me. Of course the nudnik neighbor had to ask what he was here for and if it really was worth it to bring him up here just for that. I was sorely tempted to say that it was a 'no charge' call, but that's the last thing we need. If his bosses ever found out that he didn't charge me for the last two times he was up here, he would be in big trouble, so I just said that it was an 'under waranty' call, even though it really wasn't.

No comments: