Thursday, November 22, 2007

IT'S RAINING IT'S POURING

I absolutely love stormy weather. It's been raining up here since yesterday morning. The only thing that bothers me about it is that I have to get all bundled up in my rain kit to take Peg out. As it was bucketing down most of the day, with the occasional lightning and thunder show I made the poor baby wait for a break. When there was finally a break and things had settled down to a drizzle I got kitted up and we went out to go walkies with New Harley Too. NHT refused to budge so Peg ended up doing his business in the mud patch that he could reach while on his lead and I sat in the drizzle for a few minutes on NHT. I was most displeased, to put it mildly. That was the first time I've ever had trouble with a Harley in the rain. It had damn well better be the last too.
I called Afikim first thing this morning and told the new person who answered the phone to get Yefim up here PDQ to either fix Harley or take Peg walkies. Yefim should be here any minute. The new person called me back to ask if Harley was connected to his charger. Yeah, I know they don't go when they are connected. I also am not stupid enough to connect him during a storm. I've only had Harleys since 1999. I think I have pretty good idea of the basics.
Great news on the Dem Der front. They've approved a flat for him in Safed and sent the thing off to have a doctor approve a ground floor flat for him, so, I should have my house back to myself in a month or so. Not that he's been a bother. He hasn't, but I much prefer living alone.
Not much else is new except that Teadrinker seemingly decided that enough time has gone by for me to forgive her unforgivable behavior in September. It hasn't and most likely there's not enough time from now to eternity for me to forgive her. It's always all about her, her troubles and problems and she never ever takes the time to listen to mine, and is never even interested enough to stop in here. If she was, and had stopped in here, she would know that I have more than enough on my plate with Dem Der and the rotorooter. So, last night she just kept calling and calling and refused to get the message when I kept hanging up on her. There really are limits and she's gone way past mine.
Back when she called and asked me to come down there because she had to go to hospital, I put myself in the car and drove there without insurance. My car is not insured for driving on the Sabbath, but, for her I did it. Going up and down her cement path finished my right knee and it has been very painful since then. She even had the nerve to bitch about me leaving 2 glasses not in the sink and that her bed smelled of smoke. And she hung up on me when I called to see how she was doing after hitting me with the full litany of grievances including having to buy me fags. SHE HUNG UP ON ME, and then comes crawling back without so much as stopping in here to see what's going on. And expected me to actually give a flying F about her. Not likely.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yo Mis Gimp!! Who iss dis Dim Der?

Purplegimp said...

Yo, Boe!
Dem Der is my new nickname for Dem Der Mainiac. He's an old childhood friend who is temporarily homeless. I couldn't really leave him out on the street could I? He's even more of a gimp than I am. Kidney transplant and heart issues and a long list of other things. And there is a spare room in Gimp House.
He just got approval for an apartment from the Housing authority and we're waiting for ground floor approval now. He's a guy so he really wasn't able to do what I did to get Gimp House!
I had to move into a proper undergroubd bomb shelter for three months. But that's a long boring story going back to 1993.

Anonymous said...

Well, Lucy, soon you'll have the place to yourself. I sure can understand you wanting to be alone. There is a certain amount of freedom in that.

Teadrinker needs to learn some manners.

Purplegimp said...

Gracie, I barely know that Dem Der is here, and if he didn't leave 'you know what' up all the time, I wouldn't know at all. But, yeah, I do want to go back to just me and Peg.

Teadrinker doesn't know it yet but she's in the Gimp School of Manners. So far she gets a failing mark.