Tuesday, November 27, 2007

SURVIVED ANOTHER DAY

I may have gotten through this morning errands but a patient at my clinic almost didn't. After going to the butcher, bank, and to Lavana's (to give her the electrickery bill), I went to the clinic to have my doctor translate the heart test stuff. For someone who's had an MI and two stents it's actually pretty good! There are no signs of insuffiency, or any other possible nasties.
The law here states that wheely patients don't wait in line to see the doc. The previous person comes out, the wheely goes in. While I was waiting, a gal limped in and the nurse figured she'd need an X ray and should go in next. Even though it was pretty obvious that she only had a sprain (she was walking on it) I agreed to let her go in. Then one of the local locos arrived, and made a scene to be next. She was really off her rocker, so I let her in too. What was I supposed to do? Tell them all "Sorry, my whole body is srained?" when all I wanted was to go over some test results? My new lumps and bumps WERE yelling at me, but, I can take it, sort of. At least I roll in on my very own seat.
Then, I stopped in at the butcher and picked up some lovely steaks with bones for me and Peg. I'll have to call the vascular guy to find out if I can just fax him the results or if I have to go there again. I'd really like to just fax them as driving is painful enough without all the new stuff.
In fact, I'm taking all the hurts and bruises to bed right now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucy does this mean no rotorooting has to be done? With your clean bill of health, even though you had to wait for these crazies jumping in front of you?

Mmmmm.....I bet that steak will taste mighty good.

Oh, I see you still have to fax your info to the surgeon. Bah humbug. I thought you were out of the woods on that thing.

I take it you are back to bed with your bumps and bruises. Get plenty of rest Lucy.

Purplegimp said...

Of course I have to the rotorooter. That's what all the fuss was about.
I had to get up to put the steak on the grill, so stopped in here while waiting. I'm getting hungry. Is 1730(530pm) too late for breakfast?

Anonymous said...

It's never too late for breakfast. In fact breakfast food is best for me at dinner.

I know you have to do the rooter thingy, Lucy. Just wishful thinking on my part, hoping you could get out of it somehow.

Purplegimp said...

I think you maybe missed the point of my question about breakfast? It was about the time, not the fare. Sometimes I have a cracker or something with my morning meds, then can't think of eating again until evening. It's a wonder I'm as large as I am. I really don't eat that much.
I wish I didn't have to do the rooter thingy too, but I'm having way too much fun in this life of mine to not have it done.

Anonymous said...

Ummm… While you're not doing much exercise [or none] it doesn't matter how much you eat. That's why when people are on a diet, they don't just eat less, they're trying to mix it with sport activities.

Purplegimp said...

Diets are funny things. I was once on the verge of anorexia, but got over it with help from some very good friends.
It actually does matter how much you eat. Even if you are doing intensive sports you gain if you don't eat right.
Before all these wonderful things happened, it was almost impossible to find me inactive except when I was asleep. Hyperactive kids looked like they were in coma compared to me.
I actually get more exercize than anyone else in my physical condition. The complete lack of cartilege in my right leg is very limiting. I can't even go to the pool to work on the drop foot again, or sit on horse. I can still do 100 sit ups at go though!