Monday, November 12, 2007

DISTRACTED GIMP

I've been very distracted lately which has lead to my not quite being up to posting. The last two or so weeks have been taken up with having various and assorted tests performed upon my poor unsuspecting body. The first was an echo doppler of my carotid arteries. I suspected that the other one was in bad shape, and indeed it is. Of course the idiot place that did the test only sent part of the results and a merry battle ensued to get the rest of the results. They arrived 3 days after I saw the vacular surgery guy. While fighting that battle I went on a search for a good vascular surgeon and quite by accident stumbled upon one of the best in the country. A little insider connection and I saw him the very next day. He agreed with my diagnosis and says an operation is indeed needed but first he wants me to some kind of heart stress test. As I can't exactly get on a treadmill they have to it with some kind of drug. The first date the hospital gave me for the test was Dec 5, but Dem Der got it moved up to this coming Sunday. I'm a bit nervous about this test, and have given myself an average of 3 anxiety attacks a day since I got the date. It's a good thing I know the difference between an anxiety attack and a heart attack. I'm a little calmer now because it's being done in a hospital with a damn good cardiac unit. I decided to preempt the surgeon and have my annual blood tests done. Never mind that the last one was two years ago. They came back and everything was in normal range.
The thing that's really bothering me now is that the pain is back in my right leg with a vengeance and in some very strange places and all the time. I think it might just be another anxiety symptom because it doesn't really make sense that the shot only worked for a month. The whole thing should be over in a month or so and I'll know if I survived the operation or not. If not, the pain will be a non issue. If yes, and it's still this bad, I'll take my leg to my to the orthodoc. I really don't feel like making the long drive to see him now. It can wait.
Some jerk stole the motorcycle lock that was locked around my cripple parking space pole. I wish who ever nicked it good use of it as I have the key and it's of no use without a key. As Dem Der is here we can do the wheely from the house to the car, return wheely to the house, and again in reverse trick, so that's not the end of the world.
I have to find another chair for this computer. The black wheely is uncomfortable in the extreme. I managed to wrestle the computer chair into the kitchen somehow and it helps a lot. I think I'll get dressed and go out to Moshe's to see what he has in office chairs. Or, maybe I'll just stay in as New Harley Too needs a charge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you're worried, but try not to be. My husband had his stroke 8/22/2006. His left carotid was 100% blocked and the right carotid was 95% blocked. Of course there was no surgery on the left carotid because there was no danger of a stroke on that side. But the right carotid was operated on 10/2/2006 and all went well. He spent 3 or 4 days in the hospital. He also had a chemically induced stress test last week and felt no ill effects from it. Good luck to you on both of these procedures.

Purplegimp said...

Thank you ever so much for your encouraging words. I'm glad your husband came through them successfully. They helped a lot. I think there will still be some lingering aprehension, but, I'd be worried if there wasn't.
I really want both proceedures to be over and done with. I usually love anticipation, but not for this kind of stuff.
I hope and pray that I'll be able to go to the good old anticipation of what every new will bring. I like that best of all.