Friday, November 09, 2007

BLOOD TEST

Oh, yes, I'm doing just fine. Got myself up and ready nice and early yesterday and headed out for the clinic to get my blood test results. I usually run through a mental check list before leaving, but forgot that my wallet with the clinic card was on the bed and only remembered when I got to the entrance of the building. Yup, back home to get it.
I was very happy to see that my favorite GP was back at work, so I waited to get the results from him. My cholesteral is a little high, but lower than his; or so he says. Then, of course I showed him the results of the infamous carotid test and he was quite calming about and reminded me of what I already know but let myself forget in the panic of those results. It all comes down to stress. The high cholesterol, the build up of gunk on the artery. It's all stress. Gee, I wonder what I could have stressed over lately? Letting myself get bilked out of my money? Ya think maybe? I have pretty much gone cold turkey on the news. It just gets me so upset that I want to kill the TV. I feel the rage building up and there's nothing I can do about it, so why watch it? Strangly enough Fox doesn't get that reaction. Probably because it's so far away and I can look at like I would just about any other comedy show.
I've set several things in motion to get back some of the money Shmaryah 'stole' by way of my credit card. There were charges from last year's war that total around 20,000 that I did not approve, nor would I have had I known about them. The credit card company was very understanding about them and will try to help me get the money back even though it's so long after. Thing of it is; Ilana is a woman's name and the card was used by a man, either in person or over the phone. That is a big no no. They really are supposed to check the name on the card against the person presenting it. Oh, well, we shall see. It will take a while, but there's a pretty good chance that I'll get at least some of it back.
In the meantime I'm working on myself to keep the stress levels down.

No comments: