Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'M BORING

That title reminds me of the time my then husband (English was not his best language) said that to me and I almost fell over from laughing so hard. Try explaining the difference between bored and boring to someone who is struggling to learn the language! He did get it in the end. Thing is, if he was feeling like I have been lately he was correct the first time. I've been boring myself to tears lately. My thoughts are on one track lately and that is dead boring. I'm going to have to find a way to break out of the cycle before it becomes permanent.
I can't seem to get my mind off the mess I've made for myself financially. If only one of the people who owes me money would pay me back, I'd be just fine, but that isn't likely to happen any time soon. Lavana's debt keeps climbing, but that will be over in less than a month because the lease will be over next month and I won't have to carry the utilities on the flower shop any more. Never mind what she owes on the lease; just getting rid of the utilities will help. Striar owes me a couple hundred that I could use to fill the Focus's tank, but beyond that it's not much help. Shmaryah still owes me around 3000 for a few minor things that would be very nice to sort, but won't solve much. The biggies are Lavana and Bat Chen. Bat Chen is a lost cause at around 13,000 and Lavana is up to around 18,000. Either one of them paying up would solve most of the problem.
See why I'm boring myself to tears? All that just goes round and round in my head. Oh, and there's the 30,000 air conditioner guy who with interest and other stuff is up to owing 60,000 by now. He'd for sure sort things if only someone could get to his stash or his daughter. My lawyer has all the time in the world with that case. I'd better call him today and try to get a little fire lit under him.
We are heading straight into a monster heat wave. The temperatures are supposed to soar today and stay up there until next week.
I have a few things to do in town this morning so I'd better get to it before the heat goes up too high. Then, I'll come home and try to find a project that will take my mind off myself and relieve the boredom that has become my mind.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what money you use in Israel...but, gee that is ALOT! Don't feel too bad...my Husband has been unemployed for a year and I have a great affair with plastic. What's that old song? "whatever gets ya through the night, it's alright..." I know we'll be okay eventually, in the meantime, I hate paying my bills.

Purplegimp said...

We use New Israeli Shekels of which there are about 4.2 in one U.S.Dollar.
I do know that I'm in good shape relative to many other people. It's just so annoying that so many owe me so much that and I'm so close to being obsessive about it. I've been used to helping others for so long that I'm in a rage that because of those few I have to say "no" these days.
I hope things get better for you soon.

Anonymous said...

Since I posted this, we are now employed again!! Yay! He's going to commute from NC to Chicago...gotta do what ya gotta, right? Oy! As you said, it could always be worse...and we have been able to manage. Woo-hoo!!

Purplegimp said...

That's great news! I'm so happy for you. Ain't employment wonderful, even if far away.
I guess I haven't been paying attention (blame the brain damage) but I completely missed that you are in North Carolina! I was there last summer visiting a friend in High Point. This must be where you yell:"You were soooo close to us!"