Sunday, August 12, 2007

CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR

Shmaryah and I were supposed to go to Tiberius this morning to close my files and open his with tax people. For a change I remembered, got up in plenty of time and got to the store to pick him up. This time he claims to have forgotten! Oh well, we'll try again on Tuesday.
I really want those files closed, and I can't do it without transferring everything to him. 0730 is not my favorite time to go out in the morning, hells, I'm rarely awake most days much before then, never mind out.
I was nice and lazy yesterday and read and slept the day away.
I've been feeling a bit more chipper the last few days and that's good, I think. Less morbid thoughts, and I'm trying to get myself to start to finish few projects at Gimp House. In one of my crazed rages of frustration, I tossed a pile or two or three of books all over the floor in the shelter. I really should get into gear and straighten that mess out.
There's also a pile of papers I need to go through, but I'm not looking forward to the attendant pain that will accompany both those projects. I think I'll just leave it for tomorrow. I have to go to a Brit later today. Orna's grandson's Brit is at 1600 today, and my life won't be worth a thing if I don't show up.
She's considering quitting her job to take care of the kid. It won't surprise me if she does. They are all staying at her place for now and if I know her, she's doing all the new baby stuff. I just don't get these Israeli mother/grandmothers. It's like no one ever had a baby before and the new mothers can't handle it without Mommy. Of course this new mommy is spoiled rotten and it's no wonder what with *her* mother telling everyone how hard it is for her. Excuse me, but no one pampered her when she had her kids. She was on her own and if she'll let Taliyah, I bet she'll manage too. Oh well, thankfully it's not my problem. All I have to do is show up at the Brit on time and make the appropriate noises. That can't be too hard can it?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it doesn't bother Taliyah then it's okay…
Btw I find the Brit ceremony disgusting, the baby's crying, the mom can't look, and all those people are gathering to see all the blood.

Purplegimp said...

That's why I'm staying out of it. Taliyah will either take over, or her mom will raise the kid and she's real good at that. And as long as I'm not involved, it's just fine.
I quite like the whole Brit thing.There's a reason it's done when it's done.I like the ancient symbolism.

en said...

yea the blood

Purplegimp said...

There you are! I was wondering where you'd gotten to.
Yeah, the blood is always an attraction.

en said...

plus more sex stories

whoops i forgot to vote for bibi

Purplegimp said...

FORGOT? After all those phone calls? FORGOT?
When I'm boss of the world, my first priority will be to have you charged with Civic Irresponsibility.