Thursday, August 16, 2007

FUNNY GIMP STRIKES AGAIN

I do have my moments, Oh, do I ever! My upstairs neighbor-the one who didn't so much as recognize my existence for 5 years is now acting like my best buddy from the days of the Palmach! I think that he has the mistaken idea that if he's nice to me I'll actually let him get away with all the semi illegal stuff he's done lately. That's ok. He can think what he wants, but the day will come when he loses all access to both the front and back gardens, not to mention the thing he built on the roof of my shelter without a building permit. Yesterday he took a sledge hammer to the corner of the retaining wall that made getting his scooter onto the path very hard for him. When I got on Harley to go into town I said that we'd need a traffic light there soon and he cracked up. I never suspected that he might have a sense of humor and I just love making sour pusses laugh out loud.
I went into town and had a go at Lavana. She really has to start paying me back. I told her that I'm not putting up with it any more. All those little bills keep adding up and she knows how crazed unpaid bills make me and that I will pay them simply because I hold the lease and will end up paying them sooner or later. Right now they are nickel and diming me to death. I told her to have at least 200 for me by morning. She'd better. Of course, I do have one card to hold over her. She's going to want me to transfer the till to her son soon, but it will cost her. It might also be time to start a rumor or two... Enough is enough. After that, I went grocery shopping with a plan to use their delivery service. Of course their van broke down, so I had to schlep it all home on Harley Too. Danny was home so he dragged it all inside for me. I got most of it put away and collapsed into bed for a rest and a read.
The guy from upstairs (my new best friend) decided to work on the gate he put up to block me from going into the back garden and made much noise until 2100.
Right. It's almost 0900 and time to get my stiff joints in gear (don't even think it, Bruce!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This neighbor of yours sounds like a real cheeky.

Purplegimp said...

Cheeky is very much an understatement! On the other hand, what can you expect from the father of a guy who works in the most corrupt municipality in the country? They all just do whatever they want and laws are not even on the level of recommendations to them.