Wednesday, November 01, 2006

WRONG WAY GIMP

Forget about calling me Spike. Wrong Way is much more suitable after yesterday. After getting things sorted at the bank, I came home to get the car, grabbed Legs and went to Orange to sort a few cell phone issues. At a bit before noon thirthy I took the Door Store keys to Lavana to give to her som Omri who was on his way to keep the Door Store open while his dad's in hospital and I was on the Haifa run. I took the new shortcut Yaacov showed me last time and by some miracle got to their house in good time. We left and on the way to Haifa things just fell apart. I'd only gone to Haifa that way the one time, and sailed past the turn to Haifa. Ok, we have plenty of time. After that, I took every wrong turn possible and a few that weren't possible in Haifa, which I actually know quite well, having worked there in the dim and distant past. They've gone and made a bunch of streets one way and generally screwed things up. In the end we got to the hospital 20 minutes early. He didn't want to eat anything and I wasn't about eat away from home with those craters in my mouth, so we headed for the nursery. He asked if I wanted to go by way of Tel Aviv to which I replied, "No, Gaza!" in reference to my first drive to Eilat back in the 80s when I took a wrong turn and we found ourselves in Gaza. I did ask Yaacov to warn me about traffic lights and upcoming turns. We got to the Nursery in good time, called Lavana for her to tell him what she wanted me to bring back for the shop. We got that organized and headed out. I got to town spot on 1900 (closing time) and directed closing the Door Store, took Omri to help unload the stuff at the flower shop, took Lavana to deliver flowers in Metula, where I promptly took a whopper of a wrong turn and we found ourselves cruising the security fence between Israel and Lebanon. Oops. We finally found the right house, and got ourselves out of there before the security types could stop us and went to deliver an arrangement at a kibbutz that has some great greens that she likes to cut and use in arrangements. She found some 'bird of paradise' to cut too, and we scarpered out of there. We got back to town without incident or getting lost, and I fell into bed.
Today all I have to do is sort out some billing issues, talk to Visa, take Omri to visit his dad in hospital, and bring the other car down to town. It will be interesting to see how I mess it up. There are days when it's not always fun to be me, but it sure is interesting!

No comments: