Monday, November 20, 2006

WATER WATER EVERYWHERE

Not long ago our local sewage contractor appeared at Gimp House bright and early in the morning. He informed me that my kitchen sink was not connected to the system and the water was flowing directly into the back yard. As I was on my way to someplace; work most likely, I told Orna to keep an eye on them. Now, I rarely use the kitchen sink-that's what I pay Orna for, so I didn't notice any thing odd. Yesterday when Orna opened the door to straighten up and do my laundry, she was greeted by a mini tsunami. After a short investigation, she discovered water spewing from the pipe under the sink and called me. I, in turn, called Shmaryah who was in the neighborhood working on a door, and flew over here. It seems there's a clog in the pipe on the other side of the wall. Orna called city hall and they told her they know nothing about it and told her to call the sewer guys who said they'd be along later. Of course they never arrived. I had a go by phone at the sewer guy who denied knowing anything about the kitchen sink and refused to come. Someone did connect the sink. I remember that and as the only contractor around who does that stuff is Partuk, he would be well advised to sort it. I'm concerned that it will overflow again when I'm not home, like it did yesterday, and I really don't need that. All that means is that I have to fight with City Hall and I'm really not in the mood. Partuk made a big mistake denying that he did the work. He did and I remember that quite well. So does Orna. Of course, I could just get my plumber over and make City Hall pay the bill, but, why should I? I really do have better things to do today, like sort the paper size issues on the new printer that I never got around to yesterday, and a few other minor issues. I'd best get started if I want to get anything done today.

No comments: