Saturday, November 11, 2006

STRANGE GOINGS ON

I Just opened Firefox and all my favorites are gone, and worse than that, it won't save any! In all the years I've been using it, that has never happened. Maybe I should reboot? I think I will after I post this.
It was one busy week, and I had planned to use today to catch up, not futz around with computer giltches! Looks like I don't have much choice.
Yaacov has gone and developed pneumonia, which is very not good. Stubborn male that he is, he refused to go in hospital for proper treatment. I can understand that. Yaron (oldest son) is leaving tonight to go back to the States and he wants to spend every second possible with him. He's a darling guy, our Yaron is, and we had a lovely visit on Wednesday. It's a big secret that his inlaws are springing for a ticket for him to come back in December. Even Yaron doesn't know yet! I pray that Yaccov will make it til then. We won't know for a while if the radiation helped or not. I thought is did for a while, but this pnuemonia isn't encouraging.
Poor Etty is on the verge of a complete psychiatric breakdown similar to the one she had 30 or so years ago when a child she was taking care died in her care. This is so not good. I must be better about calling her every day after Yaron leaves. Of course, I'll keep up my weekly trips and go more often if needed.
Shmaryah is out of hospital and managing pretty well with his bad, and I mean BAD back. The flower shop is taking shape nicely. We are just about moved out of the old one and the new one looks great, and is doing well business wise.
I finally got around to talking to my brother and I am so proud of him. They've moved into their Bubba House and I think there's a chance he just might take care of it. The big difference is that he found it, he bought it, it's his, and there are no strings attached. Long ago our father helped him buy a house, but, there were so many strings attached that he never really felt it was his. This one is, and he sounds so very proud of it. He was even out in the yard working! It turns out that very thing I was afraid of is what got him off his butt and out of there. There was a fire in the laundry area of that crap old apartment house on a day when they had the baby. He bought the Bubba House the very next day and moved them out the next weekend. Good boy-You tell him, Robbie!
I went to the dentist yesterday and the craters are healing just fine. I told him the story of how I brought our nation union to it's knees and he was so impressed that he gave me a free tooth! The far left upper tooth is the first one that broke and it's actually ok except for being broken a bit. He built a new one on the old one. He did that on my first visit to the one on the far right and that one cost me 350.
F***K I just broke my favorite coffe cup. F***K. That was me shrieking you just heard. Right, the dental work is under control, so, on Monday, it's off to the sawbones to see about getting some pesky toes chopped off. It's not a good time for that, but is there ever a good time? It really needs doing, so I'll just get it done and pray that I won't have to go anywhere in the 3 days afterwards.
That's about it for now. There's a lot more I'd planned to write about, but I have a cup to pick up or rather, pieces of a cup, a dog to bring in,and a computer to reboot. I might be back later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the toes choppsy was supposed to be as soon as you got home...Taps foot....You have been in that much pain for this long? For shame! You do know when I get there I'll have to force feed you M&Ms and make you listen to "the" song till you see the errors of your ways.

Purplegimp said...

Yeah, well, I kind of came home to a little thing called a war. Damn good thing I didn't have my toes done then. The war would have been no fun at all with diced toes. As I pretty much live on pain killers of the NSAID type, it's not that bad, but it's getting bad now....so, chop go the toes!