Sunday, November 05, 2006

BUSY

Now, there's a word for you. If I had my English-English dictionary to hand, I'd copy the definition, but I don't. We all know what it means. We also use it to excuse us from not doing things we know we should have done, like call, write or visit some one. Is there an age thing in the equation? When I was young and healthy, I was busy all the time, but somehow I got around to everything no matter how busy I was. These days, I just don't seem to get half of what I want to do done. It's partly a function of being tired.
Personally, I am more than willing to accept having been busy as an excuse (meaning to excuse) anyone who tells me they were busy, while at the same time loathing to use that word to excuse myself. I owe so many people emails(at the least) since I got back from the great adventure over the Pond). People that I adore and love. Ok, the first two weeks after I was back, I was still exhausted, and barely got to the computer. Then, I just got busy and now, even though I'm still busy, there really is no excuse for not sending e mails, except that I'm embarresed by how much time has gone by. Busy just will not cut it as an excuse. And I'm tired of saying how bad I am to these same people, because they already know.
Promise to self-"I will e mail Alice, Ellen and Jonathan tonight." I will, busy or not.

No comments: