Sunday, November 19, 2006

SO MUCH FOR NOT BUYING HP

Who said Canon is better than HP? Well, it could be, for that matter there are times when nothing is better than HP and I mean nothing-no printer at all is better than the frustration HP causes. This shiny brand new canon printer scanner is better only because it's smaller and I got it set up all by myself. I even got the ink in!! The only problem seems to be that A4 paper doesn't fit in the paper feed. A minor problem you say? To me it's a major one and I will get to the bottom of it today. It's just too insane! The most commonly used size of paper doesn't fit? I'm sure it does, just not according to the directions!
I got my beloved A Team screen saver back yesterday. It's not on Cannell's site any more, but after a long search on the interweb, I found it, and promptly downloaded it. Now this looks like MY COMPUTER. Now all I have to do is get my pictures in this one. I have them on various assorted disks lying around here. One is in the car. I'll get it out on my way to work and put the pics in tonight.
On Friday I announced my new work schedule to Shmaryah. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday mornings at the door store, Wednesday off and Thursday, Friday at the flower shop. It's flexible so that if I'm needed at one or the other, I'll just hop on Harley and scoot over. And no more 8-10 hour days. By law I'm only allowed to work 4 hours a day, so I'll be getting home earlier now. Things are quiet enough at the door store now that we've installed all the doors from the war and are working on new building projects. There's a lot less pressure now so I can slow down a bit and start to do personal stuff. There are a few projects here at Gimp House that need my attention and I'd like to start pushing them forward. Right now looks like a good time to start.

No comments: