Wednesday, November 15, 2006

SAW SAWBONES

The trip to my sawbones went off without a hitch yesterday. He gave me the form I need to get things moving, and I'll take it ti the clinic here this morning. I want to get this show on the road and get rid of those pesky toes.
I got a few other things done as well. I took the cell phone that wasn't working to get it fixed, and while waiting for them to fix it, bought a snow suit! It's waterproof, warm, and I look like the abominable snow woman in it. It's brilliant and I'm ready for either of the Poles! I also returned a book that I bought a second copy of and picked up two others.I also found a few purple coffee cups to replace the one I broke on Saturday-very important. Can't drink morning coffee from a non purple cup, can I?
For some odd reason (it must be odd, right?) my air conditioner refuses to heat. I'll catch the A/C guy later and have him come sort it. It's not quite cold enough yet to use it, but it soon will be and I want it ready.
The flower shop move is coming along nicely and the last few things should be out of the old shop today.
I did something to my knee last night in bed and thought I'd have trouble getting up, but it sorted itself! It made a very nasty cracking sound when I turned over that really hurt, one of those sharp knife like hurts, but settled down when I got the knee pillow back in the right place. There's a sort of residual memory of that pain there now. Just what I need, another big pain! As long as it's letting me lurch along, it's ok, just a minor annoyance. Let's see. Anything else? Nope, not really, except my annoyance at having just about all my money tied up in the businesses and not having enough to go gallivanting around Europe, never mind pay back my brother and Kathleen! That last is actually more the government's fault than mine as they still haven't paid up on the war damages. At least for now, both businesses are ho;ding their own, and things are ok at the bank.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool! on the snow suit. I'm thinking it's either waiting for a really big storm or it's just gonna get very cold this year. We already have snow on the tops of the mountains so come and play!