Monday, December 05, 2005

IT'S MY PARTY AND I'LL GIVE IF I WANT TO

Only two more days and I'll turn 51 for the fourth time! Just a month ago I wasn't so sure I'd make it, but now it looks like I'm good for another two days, at least.
I've started a new tradition in the 'hood'. I've been giving my pals presents for my birthday. It's actually much more fun that getting gifts. I'm giving myself and Orna a weekend at a very posh hotel in Haifa that is built so close to the sea that it might just as well be in it. I just want a quiet weekend and Orna deserves one. I'm renting a car for the occasion and we're leaving Friday morning, coming home Sunday morning. There's a monster swimming pool on the roof with a clear cover. I suspect that I'll be up there much of the time dividing my attention between a book and the sea. I have hopes for a wild storm.
I've been very lazy about being at the computer and spending lots of time outside in the sun. It's damp and cloudy today-no rain expected, so I just might stay in today and catch up here and A Gimp's View. The political scene here has gone wild. There's also a slew of emails I should write.

No comments: