Friday, December 23, 2005

DRIVING ADVICE FOR GIMPS

I was born knowing how to drive. I still know how to drive and have a license to prove it.
I had a few problems yesterday when I went to visit Etti and Yaakov at their son, Dotan's plant store near Nazareth.
Rules:
1) Do not put your foot on the brake and accelerator at the same time. It causes insanity, can burn out the brakes, and uses way too much petrol.
2) Do not put a CD in the player unless you are sure you want to listen to it over and over until you get home.
3) Pick up hitch hikers you know so he can change the CD for you.
4) Turn on the headlights so you can see the cop in the middle of the road before turning him into a hood (bonnet) ornament.
5) Go to the loo before leaving on a drive of more than 15 minutes.
I learned all of those lessons the hard way yesterday. The worst was the first. I know I have big feet, but the brake/gas thing was too much. Things got better once I figured it out. Boy did I feel stupid. And now I have to get the brakes checked because driving with a foot on both can cause bad damage to them.
Ok, I did have a lovely visit with Etti and Yaakov, and even bought some plants. I got 4 rose bushes and hyacinth for Orna and Danny's garden and some hanging plants for my ramp and a bonzai for the house. To say I was tired when I got home would be an understatement of epic proportions. I was totally and completely knackered, but quite pleased with myself. I got there and home with myself and Kiri Four Wheels in just about the same condition as when we left.
Bat Chen and Reef are coming for Shabbat and we are eating here instead of at Orna's because there's no way to get her up those 4 steps with her 'lectric chair. I'm looking forward to the first real use of my new table. We have it all figured out. We can open the table, I have the 2 chairs that go with it, 2 plastic chairs, Bat Chen and I in our wheelys, 2 of Orna's kids on the sofa, the computer chair and maybe 2 stools from Orna's collection. It should work just fine. Of course no one will be able to move, but we'll work it out.
I'd better get dressed and go get the local papers, some veggies and the new Harry Potter book that is waiting for me at the book store. Then, I can have a rest before they get here at around 1500 or so.

No comments: