Friday, December 09, 2005

GETTING NERVOUS

After the con in Utrecht that was such a disaster, fun, but a very poorly run fiasco, I decided that Leia Fee and I must go to the sfball in Bournemouth UK in February. I kept a close eye on their site and for the longest time it showed that the tickets I wanted were sold out. Then, one fine day it showed 39 left. I hoped and prayed that there would still be some left by the time I got my new international credit card. I sailed into the house the other day with the new card and called to order the tickets and a room. The tickets were no problem, but the lovely guy I was talking with said there were no rooms at the 'inn' but that he would try to sort one for us. Yesterday I got an email from him that said we now have a room. I now have the flight reserved and paid for, con tickets sorted and paid for, the hotel sorted and it will be paid for before we go. Planning even a trip into town never goes this smoothly. I'm well and truly nervous that something big is going to crop up. The last time I went to sfball I got the dates all wrong and had a very anxious time waiting to find out if the airline was going to hit me with a fine. They didn't, but the point is that things didn't go smoothly, like they did this time. Maybe I should just look at it as a sign that I am meant to go. I'll try that for a few days and see how it goes while waiting for the roof to cave in.
My reading glasses broke last night. I have two pairs of the same glasses, one is kept by the computer, and the other by the bed. The computer pair has a mark to keep them straight. It's ok because I have another frame that the lenses can be put in. I'll get that done today on the way to get the car. Orna and I are off for the weekend in a few hours.
I finally got to see the new Harry Potter movie last night. I'm not sure about. It was darker than the others and left out much more detail from the book than the others. I'll have to think on it for a while and maybe reread the book.
Well, time to get dressed and out of here.

No comments: