Monday, December 19, 2005

PHONES,CARS, HEATERS AND FRIENDS

If it's not one thing with the cable company, it's the other. The TV and phone are both acting up. I don't think that expecting something to work the way it's supposed to is being spoiled. The remote for the cable digibox is supposed to let you preset the box to change channels, but it isn't doing that now. The phone hasn't worked since yesterday. The TV fixer guy just called and asked exactly where I live. I told him and added that it's the apartment with the ramp. He then asked what floor? Excuse me, but a ramp can only be on the ground floor. I don't have high hopes for the TV getting fixed! Maybe he just hadn't finished his coffee when he asked that question. It's ok. He got the phones and TV working. It's just a matter of wait and see for how long.
I bought a nice new modern kerosene heater heater yesterday and some kerosene. They have to left on low for at least 6 hours the first time they are used. It got the whole house nice and warm. Of course I closed the doors to the *liberry* and guest room. There was a leak in the jerrycan I filled and my slippers and socks got soaked in kerosene. I ended up going out again to buy a new jerrycan, and will take it out to be filled in a few minutes.
I called Elaine on her birthday(Sat) and we had a lovely chat. I called The Jeffey yesterday because I haven't called him a ages. He's so sweet, and good. He's my hero, and I can't wait to get there for Jenny Jump's graduation.
I called another old friend, Nancy who I've been wanting to call for ages, but couldn't find her phone number. She sent me a Christmas card with the number and I called yesterday. We had a delightful chat. Talking to old hometown friends is so comforting. Kind of like slipping into a well worn bathrobe and slippers. Alice is next on the list with our annual Christmas day call.
What a morning!!! The plan was to buy another terry cloth sheet like the one that got kerosened yesterday, but I found those square purple plates I've wanted for ages and bought 4 of them instead. Then, on the way to fill my new jerrycan with kerosene, I SAW THE CITROEN still with a for sale sign on it. I just got off the phone with the owner and we're doing the transfer tomorrow! HOORAY. How great is that? Ok, so it's red, and doesn't start with an *F*, but it looks fine and runs well, and will do until I get the subsidized one sorted! Orna and I got the veggie soup going and my back is screaming at me. It's time to post this and have a rest.

No comments: