Thursday, December 15, 2005

HOW TO SHOCK A BANKER

The Dollar to Shekel exchange rate has been going down ever since that check arrived has been going down steadily. It was at 4.70 and is at 4.45 now. That's a fair amount of shekels to lose because the bank is afraid the check might bounce. A check from Met Life? I don't think so.
I decided that enough was enough and went charging into the bank to tell Boris, the foreign exchange clerk to sell and do 1, 2, and 3. He did and I promptly took out 6,000 shekels and told Orna who had been shanghied for the purpose that we are going to clear up their financial mess. Our idiot Social Security stopped Danny's disability because someone told them that he was working. First they stop the payments, then check. He hasn't had a payment in 6 months and their bank is bouncing everything in sight. After the cash was safely in hand, I sent Orna home to get the bills that had to paid and we went to the post office to pay them. There was a line out the door, but I did my 'no line gimp thing' and was in and out in no time at all, much to Orna's amazement. We then went to her bank and covered her overdraft which was the result of bounced auto pay orders and deposited enough to pay this month's remaining bills and most of next months.
Her bank's equivalent to my Mordy just sat there with his mouth open and did exactly what I told him to do. We have one more bill to sort, and all will be well. I simply can't sit here and enjoy my inheritance when they are on the verge of ruin. We'll get things moving at Social Security on Danny's disability later today. Poor Orna was exhausted by the pace I set and the way everyone just did what I told them to do! If we can't take care of each other, what's left? She helps me with cleaning and cooking and whatever else she can, so, why shouldn't I help them, if I can? It's not like she asked or even hinted. I just can't stand to see such wonderful people in that situation because of a jerk who told a lie to Social Insecurity. Not when I'm around. They'll get their disability back one day and repay me in easy installments. One thing you can't take from Orna is that she pays their debts. One way or another, it all gets paid back. Even if not, it's not the end of the world. And it was well worth the looks on the faces of the clerks at the banks!

No comments: