Saturday, December 31, 2005

WHERE TO START?

I can't believe another week has gone by and that England is even closer now. I've actually gotten a few things done over the past week. I got Kiri Four Wheels insured, the letter I need for the gimp parking card arrived yesterday, so I'll be able to get the card. I talked with the guy in charge of sorting gimp parking, which means a space and sign with the car's plate number on it outside Gimp House, and he's promised to let me have a space in the (unenforced) no parking area closest to the house. I park there anyway for now because I simply can not walk one step further. I got about 20 of my music CDs burned for the car, and have 9 more to go. There's not much sense in leaving originals in the car to get ruined by constant handling, and burning them has turned out to be easier than I thought it would be! I also finally got the CD with the song Jessica on it mailed to my niece Jessica. I've only been meaning to send it to her for several years. Better late than never! Plans for England are moving full speed ahead. I'm picking up tids and bits for it. I suspect that it's going to be much colder there this time than it was 2 years ago! Next weeks project will be find boots I can wear and not scream in pain while wearing them. That thing on my big toe is getting worse, and I'm not getting it fixed until after I get my check up for a subsidized car done. Every little thing helps. Orna and Danny's daughter won 3rd place in a local talent contest and I went out twice to watch. That girl can dance! She really should have won the whole thing, but 3rd place came with a 1000 shekel gift cert. for a clothing store which is much more practical for her than the 1st place trip to EuroDisney. It was a very odd contest with both singers and dancers, kind of like apples and oranges and not one of the singers could carry a tune, and made my ears hurt.
I am busy plotting and planning how to get the contractor who stole electrickery from me all summer to pay up. At least things are sorted so he can't do it anymore, and my last electrickery bill was reasonable, and not just because the a/c wasn't used. I'll wait for the next bill, then take several to him and demand that he pay the difference. We're talking a few thousand here.

No comments: