Saturday, December 24, 2005

NBC NEWS

After running the usual Friday errands, I came in and got into bed with the local papers to rest up before Bat Chen arrived. Orna and I had everything under control: guest room straightened and ready, floors washed, cooking done, a/c on because she can't stand kerosene. At around 1330 Richard called and asked if he could come over with a friend who needs translation help. I said "ok" and he arrived with Jimmy, one of the Lebanese guys who just happens to work for NBC news and needs someone to translate for the subtitles they run to translate the Hebrew for American TV. I told them we'd have to do it fast because Bat Chen was on the way. I read, translated out loud and Richard wrote. We finished just as Bat Chen arrived. I got her settled with coffee, had a coffee myself, then came here to type the translation into an email for his editor. They both loved the translation, so I just might have me a job doing that freelance! Jimmy asked me how much he should pay me and I told him that if he can organize me some tabouli, it would be considered overpayment! I am in desperate need of a tabouli supplier. I can live on the stuff. He is bringing me a batch of it tonight. When I told Richard to be careful parking outside Gimp House, especially near the red car, he 'got it' and was all excited for me. And most impressed with Kiri Four Wheels. It's been so wonderful that my pals are honestly pleased for me and not narrow mindedly envious in an 'evil eye' way. I feel so blessed, but a bit scared that things are going to well. I'm just not used to it. I feel off balance when things don't go ahead with great difficulty. Bat Chen and I had a long talk late into the night about all that and she thinks I should be grateful for it and enjoy it while it lasts, and stop looking over my shoulder and waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'll try. I still get all choked when I think about it and cry tears of thankful joy often. I am truly blessed.
It's pissing rain and snowing on the Hermon. Poor Kiri Four Wheels is getting all wet.
I have discovered why my electrickery bills have so high. Workers in the area have been using Harley Too's socket for compressors and stuff. I caught one just before he connected to it when I left to go see Etti and Yaakov. He implied that they always use it. I told him that if he takes one more step towards it, I'll call the cops, then went back in and pulled the plug on that socket. I had Danny put that socket strip on the wall so it would easier to get to. Now if they plug into it, they will get nothing. The nerve! I'm not going to let it go quite that easily. Those electric bills were way to high, and now that they can't get it, my bills should go down to a normal level. I'll make a stink about it when I have a few bills to show the difference. Stealing electrickery from a crip is not nice. Redefines the word Israeli chutzpah. What really pissed me off about it was that he actually thought he was entitled to it. I don't think so. If he's sent here to do work for City Hall, *I* don't have to supply power. I pay quite enough in property taxes and power, without them adding to the burden, thank you very much.

No comments: