Wednesday, November 30, 2005

ALMOST TOO EASY

The banking system here is most strange in this day of computers and instant information exchange. I deposited that check on Nov. 11 and have to wait a full month before I can use any of it. Why? Because that's the way it is. Ah, well no use getting all upset about it. I did get what I wanted from Mordy with almost no trouble and didn't even have to show him the asset list. He almost had a stroke when he saw that my other savings were no longer closed away as security for my present credit levels and loan. We zipped that right back up and now he's happy. He originally wanted to close of 25,000 as security for the international credit card, but I got him to agree to only 10,000, which is a much more reasonable amount considering that I only want my present credit limit to continue. It was almost too easy, but as he wrote it out, I'm not too worried about him changing his mind. The card has been ordered and will be here next week.
I put my new "Russians Rule" into effect this morning at the clinic and informed the people (Russians one and all) that as a gimp I don't need to make an appointment or wait in line. It worked and not one them said a word.Pardon me while I giggle with great evility.
The same old guy with the questions was at the bank again this morning and didn't even bother trying to butt in on my turn.
I'm almost afraid to think that there might be hope in that department. I'll just keep on as I started today.
I have two pots of confused soup ready to be put in containers for the freezer, so I think I'll go do that now, then go rest.

No comments: