Monday, November 21, 2005

CHAMPAGNE MATTRESS

I was sure that the first night in ICU that if the heart attack didn't get me, the bed certainly would. The floor would have been better. At home I have one of the best mattresses to had anywhere in the world, and have an anti pressure sore one on top of that, as well as my well traveled 'between the knees pillow' That pillow is a miracle. Of course, I didn't drag my pillow or air mattress with me in the ambulance and had the most miserable night I can remember. There *is* however a branch of an organization that rents crip stuff in the hospital, so I sent someone to get me an anti pressure sore mattress. It was brand new, still in it's sealed nylon wrapper. We got it sorted and it was like sleeping on Champaign. As it was brand new, the motor that pushes air through it, made little popping sounds that felt like Champaign bubbles. It was a joy. I retired my old mattress and hooked up the new one (they can't be returned) to my old motor and it's still like sleeping on Champaign. Little wee champion bubble poppings. What a delight! Hospital beds should be outlawed, but that's not likely. The nurses kept telling me they were new beds. Well, ok, so they were new. That hardly makes them any more comfortable.
I was drifting off to sleep last night, enjoying the bubble effect, when the phone rang at 0130. It was my son calling to explain some more about what the Wicked Step of Evility had to say about the will. This after he called the other day at 0230 to tell me the amount. If what he says is true, lots of money is missing, I mean hundreds of thousands. Or, the WSOE doesn't understand the very will I have no doubt she dictated to the shyster. There's no way Dad made that will on his own, not at the age of 80.
I am working very hard at keeping calm and have decided to wait until I get the notice Aron and The Jeffey got last week before doing anything. If it's like they both reported, I'm going to demand a full accounting be given the probate court of all Dad's assets. Something is very wrong there. Right now there's not much I can do except wait for the mail.
In the meantime, I'm busy planning my Feb. jaunt to England and a quick weekend to a luxury hotel at The Dead Sea for me and Orna. We deserve it after what we've been through with my hear attack. Three days of lazing around and being pampered. She really needs a break from her day to day struggle, and I just want a change. I'm waiting a bit before buying a car and after 'driving' myself nuts trying to figure out how to get there, remembered that I can rent a car! So that's what we'll do. I think, either the weekend before, or after my birthday. Yup, that's a plan! And a not bad way to spend a rainy day.

No comments: