Tuesday, November 08, 2005

SORT OF BACK

If Orna, my self appointed guardian angel, catches me posting here, it'll be all over! She'll never believe it's just a quick post to say that I survived a pretty nasty heart attack, treatment at the local hospital, a Murdockian escape, and a few other not fun things. I'm feeling pretty good this morning, and the plan is to go out for a quick trip to the clinic, by way of the local scooter fix it guy. Harley Too's charger seems to be on the blink, and with luck it's just a blown fuse.
The quacks went all "quit smoking" on me, so I'm compromising. 3 fags a day, 1 with morning coffee, 1 after lunch and 1 after dinner. That's me, defiant as ever.
I had enough presence of mind when it happened to shove the cell phones (but not the chargers) in my bag before the ambulance got here. By Thursday morning the batteries were out of juice. Orna and Danny brought them on Saturday and I sent Cab/Kiri a text about the heart attack. Bless her. Our somewhat crazy texts kept me in as good a mood as possible. She called me yesterday, and I laughed/cried for ages. She makes me feel so good. Achy came by to see me twice and only he and Cab/Kiri seem to understand why I had to get out of there AMA. I called the ex on Saturday and he'll be in the country on Friday. I hope he'll find the find the time to come up for a visit. I rather suspect that his daughter is going to get an earfull from him as her behavior was a major contributor to the stress that brought on the attack.
I kept notes while in hospital, and will sit down here with those notes and write the whole thing up one day soon. Some of the notes are in the cell phone, some on the covers and blank pages of the 'what to do after a heart attack' booklet they gave me. I also have to sit down and write a strong letter of complaint about that so called hospital. You'll be able to read all about it in a few days. Enough for now. I just wanted to let my 3 faithful reader know that I'm ok and back!

No comments: