Thursday, November 17, 2005

LEGAL RELEASE

It had to happen. I have been so proud of my perfect record for never staying in hospital until released by the docs, that I am very disappointed in myself now. I went to the clinic on Sunday to get an ECG done so I'd have a tape to take with just in case. The hospital docs recommend that, and my doc didn't like the read out, so he sent me back to hospital. Richard took me this time, and I went prepared to stay with all my equipment.
The ER didn't quite know what to do with me other than to check me in for observation. They wanted a chest X Ray for some reason, and wouldn't let Richard take me in BBC. They insisted on an orderly taking me in the ER bed. Richard tagged along with BBC and I turned it into a race by sitting up and making wheely chair movements with my arms and making tire squealy noises around corners, and siren sounds when we met beds going in the other direction. The orderly/bed driver was wearing purple scrubs and I kept up a running request for him strip on the spot and give them to me. Looking back, I think I'm lucky they didn't put me in the psychiatric unit for observation, but it was fun and livened things up a bit. When they finally decided that they wanted me for observation in the cardiac unit, Richard and I had my bed all set up with my pillows and anti pressure sore mattress before the nurse got there to admit me. She was most impressed. They hooked me up to a remote ECG thingy and the leads kept falling off, so I'm not sure how much use it was. I was a good gimp and stayed in bed or in BBC out on the balcony. Striar The Liar showed up every day to entertain me, and I was nice to him. He's off the hook now that I've gotten the insurance check.
They decided to let me out on Tuesday and Richard came to get me at 1830. It's so good to be home again. I went to the doc to get the meds sorted. The hospital docs said the latest incident was because I didn't take one of their pills. I couldn't very well take it because it had to be ordered through the clinic and that took a few days. I don't think that was the reason at all. I think it was the excitement of the insurance check arriving and Mordy's nutty reaction when I deposited it! It kind of looks like any kind of excitement is to be avoided. Would someone please explain how I do that?
It's getting late and I have to do a few things before the ex gets here.

No comments: