Tuesday, November 29, 2005

THE RUSSIANS AREN'T COMING: THEY ARE HERE

I can't stand them. I simply can not tolerate them. They are the only group of immigrants who think that *we* have to adjust to their ways rather than that maybe they should learn our ways. Ok. I will grant that we have a lot of shortcomings but we do have many things sorted reasonably, like lines; as in waiting your turn.Even more annoying is that they just can't be bothered to learn Hebrew. They expect everyone one to have a translator on hand for them and for important notices in the press to be in Russian. Last Monday I almost blew a gasket when the notice on the security channel came up first in Russian. Sorry folks. It should come up in Hebrew first, then in every and any language they can think of, but Hebrew first. No one but no one gave the massive wave of Moroccan immigrants a break and they all learned to muddle along in Hebrew. As did every other group, except maybe the English speakers, and them only because English is taught here and Israelis like to show off their English no matter how bad it is.
Yesterday was fight the Russians day. It started in the bank when a very rude man informed me that he was next in line. He wasn't I was. And aside from that, wheelchairs don't wait in line. We wait for the person being served to finish, then it's our turn. As it is sometimes difficult to maneuver in our wheelys, he got in before I could. Then another clerk arrived to man the desk next to that one, and in I went. Some jerk Russian kept coming over and asking questions until I told him to get lost and wait his turn. Humph. They actually think they did us a favor by coming here. At least that's how they behave. Until yesterday I was perfectly happy waiting my turn at the bank, but no more. I will exercise my wheely rights from now on.
Things went from bad to worse at the clinic. I got there well early but there were 4 Russians ahead of me, and they thought they'd get in to the doc on a first come first serve basis, even though there was a list and I was first on it. One of the office gals came over to sort it and after I got in (I was first on the list) two of them continued to discuss the list in Russian inside the door. I finally got up and shoved them out. And then I discovered that the doc was Russian too, and that his Hebrew was really bad. I corrected him at least 6 times. (ex teacher behavior) and also realized that I know more about cardiac stuff than he does. Must find a proper cardiac quack! G-d help any Russian that gets in my way today.
They came here to get away from the crap that was the old USSR and refuse to conform to our way of doing things. If it's so bad here, go back or anywhere else.
The funny thing is that the Russians who came here in the 70s feel the same way about the Russians who came here in the 90s for the same reasons.
I finally got a batch of whole wheat sourdough rolls made and they taste great. The only problem is that I can't knead the dough long enough.

Orna will have to do that part next time, and I'll finish it off. I have enough for the next few days which will give Orna enough time time to recover from the wedding they got back from at 0300.
My semi macro diet is coming along fine. I've lost at least one of the *triplets* and am well on the way to losing the *twins* and people are noticing.
Orna is doing well too. She's completely amazed at how well it works and that she doesn't feel hungry all the time like she used to. I figured that out too. We feed our bodies so much junk that it demands real food, and when we cut out all the refined stuff like white flour and sugar and go whole grain, no sugar, our bodies are happier and don't tell us they are hungry all the time. It really is just that simple.
I'm trying to decide if I want to go to the bank and argue with the "boss of my money" or stay in and build my whole grain soup. It's not really something I can build, then leave on a low flame, and I'm not sure I want to struggle to get the crock pot out. I picked up some meat on bones for it yesterday (not exactly macro, but there's no substitute for the flavor and Peg gets the meat and bones) and the soup really has to be made today. Ok, crock pot it is, then the bank!

No comments: