Tuesday, December 19, 2006

ONE AND A HALF DOWN HALF TO GO

The computer is back in the store and almost all set up. I have threatened everyone to withing an inch of their lives as to what will happen if anyone so much as looks at it and have pass word protected everything I can think of. The virus vault of AVG was overflowing before the reformat and I'm not having any of it with this again. At least it's legal and we won't be busted by the software police. There's a brand new legal sticker on the computer now! We had a little chat with Computer Guy about mine. All he had to do back when was fix the button. He was so embarrassed that he's gone off to investigate how to get my TIVO/TV to copy to the computer for burning. He'll do it for cost, and that's good. See? There are some good people out there. I'm now busy cleaning off the old hard drive so I'll have it available for that project.Last night I spent about an hour moving stuff I want to keep over this hard drive, and only need about another hour to finish up, then I can just delete everything else! I'll have a whole free hard drive to play with!!
Orna and I are off on a bill collecting adventure this morning to a nearby kibbutz. Any excuse to take off in the jeep.
Wallet Weirdness; money keeps disappearing from my wallet. Bills that I KNOW I didn't spend because I just know. I try to keep a minimum in that wallet just in case. That wallet lives in the bag I keep with me all day, and hang on a hook at home. It's been driving me wild for a few months. Yesterday I decided that enough is enough. I do not want to get the point where I open the wallet to pay for something and find it empty. It spent last night right next to me in bed, with the cell phones-good thing I don't move around in my sleep much. If the money is still there I'll know I've found a solution; if not, back to the drawing board. I'll know in a few minutes when I get up to get dressed. Money doesn't get up and walk out of a wallet, does it? I hate the thought that someone that close to me is stealing from me. Very not nice feeling.

No comments: