Sunday, December 10, 2006

OF STOLEN CELL PHONES

Friday was a bit of an odd day at the flower shop. There were no obvious snoops outside, but, there was a guy who came in and asked for 2 100 shekel bouquets which Lavana made for him. He went off for some coffee (or so he said) while she made them up and never returned. Just as he went off for his 'drink' a pick up truck stopped at the cross walk and a man jumped out and ran in asking for something "nice' as a gift. He said that his two pals would be right there to help him pick it out. Lavana showed him plant in a nice pot but he wasn't impressed. His friends arrived and also were not impressed. One of them went into the glass house and asked about the wind chimes. He chose one with an owl on it, argued a minute about the price, paid for it, asked what to feed the owl. A few minutes later, Lavana couldn't find her cell phone, which she had left on a table close to the wind chime. I tried calling the phone but the call went straight to voice mail. The next thing I did was call the cell company and ask them to block the number. This morning we will report it to the police and arrange for a new one. Too bad for the thief that I saw their pick up-an old white Mitsubishi pick up. It's annoying is all. The guy who wanted the 2 bouquets never came back. That was just odd and we used the 2 bouquets for phoned in deliveries. So no big deal. It was just strange.

Yesterday I just rested, watched my TIVO shows, took a nice nap and went to Etty and Yaacov's at 1730. We had a nice visit. Yaacov has a problem with a clot in his leg and a lung. As Etty doesn't really understand much about it I couldn't really get many details. He doesn't look great, but his attitude is good. I got home around 2200 and there was a message from Aron on my voice mail. When I tried to call him back, he didn't answer, so I'll try again today.

I have a lot to today. The cops about the stolen cell phone, salaries to sort and a few other odds and sods. I'd best get on with it.

No comments: