Wednesday, December 06, 2006

THE ABOMINABLE SNOWGIMP

Let 'em laugh says I. I finally got sick and tired of freezing on the way home in the evening and came home to put on my snowsuit. There was a lot of finger pointing and laughing, but I had the last laugh. I was nice and toasty warm. So I look like the abominable snow gimp. So what? Getting into it was a bit of a giggle too. I almost had to take a nap aferwards. Getting into a snow suit alone with one semi paralyzed leg and one not quite working arm is harder than putting a non cooperating kid in one. I almost forgot that the bad leg has to go in first and had to start all over again and snow suits in my size are bulky! Luckily the legs are wide enough that it can be done with shoes on. I had my purple counterfeit Crocs on and just left them on even though I really wanted my LL Bean shoes. I'll be putting those on first today. I finally got a pedicure so I can wear them. The corn or blister or whatever that keeps returning on the big toe hurts in any shoe and if I don't have a pedicure regularly, I'm in trouble until after the operation. I'm still waiting for a date, and I want to enjoy those shoes as much as possible until the operation because it will be a few weeks afterwards until I'll be able to wear anything on that foot.

I'm feeling a bit like a very bad mother. I haven't spoken to Aron since the day before the funeral. It's really hard to get the time right with a 7 hour difference. He sounded good if very sad when we spoke. Terry and I had a good cry together on the phone. It's just so sad. He was only 58. I miss him so much. It was always nice knowing he was just a phone call away. Of course the last few calls were infuriating because they were about our daughter who managed to really piss him off. Aron says they were on the way to patching things up but never quite got to it. He also said that he's going to have a long talk with her about me and tell her in no uncertain terms that if she doesn't want the same thing to happen with me she'll have to suck it up and do something about it. He also said that it's clear that she can't do it by phone. She has to get in her car and come here. I'm only an hour and a half from her house, and the phone just won't do it. Just have to wait and see.

One of the regional door guy's installers reports that he and Motty went and got all of the Friday papers and wasted 2 hours going through them page by page looking for our reply to his ad from the week before. There wasn't one because we decided that best thing was to keep him in suspense as to where it will come from. He wasted two hours looking for something that wasn't there, and now he's really sweating. I just love stuff like that and we are calling it Bat Chenning someone. That's what I'm still doing to Bat Chen. It drives people crazy when you ignore them rather than go down to their level to fight with them. I highly recommend it. Great strategy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Need a pic of the snow suit! I really need to get one the temps here are getting really bad and the fact we have snow on the way isn't helping.Oh well, it's winter!