Saturday, August 19, 2006

WHAT IS NORMAL?

I wish someone could explain to me exactly what normal means in this country. As far as I can figure out, it means jumping every time a door slams, fighting with government clerks for the very things the government sent them here to give us and watching those who are usually law abiding citizens submit claims for damage that never happened. One of our well known political figures in town was photographed leaving his house almost hysterical after a katyusha fell a few houses away. It seems he left town right after that because they did a TV segment on him coming home and being shocked at the damage in his house. Sorry, but you really can't have it both ways, unless you live in this town. And even then, you can't be sure. I hope someone calls him on it.
The only damage we had was to the store. A katyusha landed right in the junction by the stop lights and broke a window, blew the cash register and computer right off my desk.
It only took 3 days, but we got the damage assessor over to approve our claim. I just hope and pray that the payment will be prompt, because we really are stuck financially right now. We should be able to hang on until then, but Mr. Shmaryah and I are going to have a very serious discussion about a few things on Sunday. There are one or two issues that must be settled right now. Among them, why a certain person has a business cell phone and demands a salary even though I have yet to see so much as one sale from her, never mind the money from the sales I have yet to see.
Yesterday was a long hot day and the phone calls for replacement doors are flooding in. The problem is that we won't see any money from those doors until they are reimbursed by the government which will take at least 20 days.
I got home early yesterday and collapsed in bed, and didn't even have the strength to go to Orna's for Friday night dinner. I fell asleep and was woken up by Golan, who brought me a loaf of bread his neighbor had baked for me. I went right back to sleep and woke up again when Orna brought me a plate with din dins on it. I dozed off and on all night and woke up this morning still tired and not in great mood. I posted at the other blog after taking Peg walkies and got a phone call in the middle of posting from someone whose voice I couldn't recognize. I wonder why I didn't just ask him who the hell he is? The number on the caller ID was blocked, so I have no idea who it was. I do know who it wasn't, though! I guess that's a start. While that number isn't unlisted, it does not appear in the phone book! Wrong number, maybe? If so, it was the weirdest wrong number I've ever had.
I'm thinking it might be a good time to leave town for a few days. All the neighbors and their kids are back. I preferred the noise of the artillery to the noise they all make.
Orna and I are searching the house for the DVDs that came just before I left for The States. I took one to my brother, but the other two are well and truly missing. It's driving us nuts because we knew they were in the house simply because of the one I packed to take to Jeffro. The way things go with me, I'll reorder them and they'll show up the day after. I think it's time to take a much needed shower and crawl back into bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know my thoughts are with you,even thouth I'm miles away.M&M's rare on theere way.