Thursday, August 03, 2006

NOW IT'S PERSONAL

A katyusha hit the juction just outside my store and broke a couple of windows, which in effect trashed the office Shmarya worked so hard to make for me while I was away and which I barely had time to enjoy before the Hizzbullies started this.
They must have shown the junction 6 times before I realized it was "mine" Boy did I feel stupid when I finally recognized it. I had a fine yell up at the Hbullies, then Shmarya called from there. Now I'm really pissed off. I'll have to go down there tomorrow and check it out myself. I just hope Shmaryah took pictures with his cell phone.
For some idiot reason someone decided that a siren is better than our usual PA warning system. I have news for that idiot. It isn't. It just causes more stress and tension than the old way.
I found a news picture of my junction but the site is taking it's own sweet time loading. I'll go back in a few minutes to see if it's done. It's way too fuzzy to try and post.
Ooof, there goes that pesky siren again, it sounds really weird with the noise of katyushas mixed in. A soundman's nightmare.
Oh great, now I have a headache. Just what I need now.
Ok, we have the picture now. My store is on the corner across from the one shown here. There seems to be a problem with my connect (so what else is new) and picture isn't loading. I'll post it later if things sort themselves out.
In the meantime, thanks to Jags, Fingers, Susy and Susie for your encouragement. I appreciate it, and owe you all e mails. Back to the Liberry/shelter for me. I'll post the pic later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome, Franne. Please keep safe and know many good thoughts are with you. Susy