Tuesday, August 08, 2006

NOW IT'S REALLY PERSONAL

They actually bombed my interweb connection and cable TV and cable telephone. If that's not enough, cell phones up here are only allowing emergency calls. Humph.
I am more than willing to stay in my Gimp Cave/liberry/shelter for another year as long as they don't bomb my interweb again!
Aside from the almost 2000 books in there, I can entertain myself by watching the wall clock run backwards. I've never seen anything like it. I really is running backwards. The second hand clicks it's way around counterclockwise.
I also learned that it is not comfortable to sleep on a fork if the tines are sticking your butt. The same goes for cell phone chargers. Never you mind where I had to pull it out of!
There is also an issue with regular phone calls. There is so much noise up here that it's impossible to talk on the phone. If it's not their katyushas, it's our artillery making noise.
I just came in from getting my meds and it was not easy. My clinic took a direct hit and is operating out of another clinic. The pharmacy is closed too for the same reason. The docs are working in a shelter that I can't exactly get to-lots of stairs, so the doc came up to give me the scrit I needed, then... go find a pharmacy. I called 'headquarters and the gal told me she'd check and get back to me. In the meantime I went to the private pharmacy that we aren't allowed to use any more and got approval to buy there. So, I'm set for another month. While I was in the drug store, the siren went off and everyone got all nuts. I took my meds and decided to check mail as long as nothing was falling. There was a registered slip there so I went back into town to the post office. It was a second notice and I'd already picked it up. I was about 50 meters from Gimp House when the gal called to tell me I could get my scrits filled at the pharmacy in the bombed out mall-the one with do not enter on all the doors. Sheesh. I told her it was already sorted and that no way was I going in that building.
The town really has taken a pounding and even though I had the camera, didn't take any pictures.
Any way, please don't worry if I disappear for a few days. It just means they bombed the interweb again and it's too noisy for phone calls and the SMS network is unavailable. I'm really really not doing anything foolish;as in I'm not rolling around outside looking for trouble.
Time to put some laundry in the machine, make a cup of coffee and write a nast letter to a TV station!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The BBC were on hertzel Street (sp!) in Kyriat last night speaking to a couple of men who had come up from their shelter for some air...

Glad you're safe - I said to val last night and said *I hope its only that her internet has gone down* and see I was right :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you are ok! I will call Jeffo and let him and the family know you are ok.There will be a lot of thankful people over here in the U.S. to hear you are safe! How are the M&M's doing? I hope you have them with you.