Friday, August 11, 2006

SLEEP?????

Could someone please remind me what sleep is and why we feel so tired without it? There was I time, I think, maybe, when I could just doze off whenever I felt like it and wake up when I woke up and everything was just fine. Most noises didn't bother me. In fact, back in the good old 90s the sound of a helicopter overhead was soothing and even acted as a lullaby. Now, we are living with air raid sirens day and night. Not to mention the actualy explosions of the katyushas.
Last night I was up fairly late as were our artillery lads. I settled in for a sleep at around 0215 only to be rudely awoken by the siren at 0228. Ok, the way that's supposed to work is that a few minutes after, or even during the siren, katyushas or mortars fall like rain. The way it went down last night was the siren wailed at 0228 and the bombs fell at 0430. Is that timing, or, is that timing?
I've gotten to the point, gone way beyond it, truth be told, where I think they should just skip the warning stage. We know they are going to shoot at us, so let us have quiet until they do. The sirens don't actually do anything except get adrenalin rushing through our poor stressed out bodies. We really don't need the warning. Trust me, when a katyusha or mortar falls, you know it. No way you can miss it.
Ah, yes, see? You can recognize them with or without sirens. That was one just now, and I recognized it just fine without the siren that didn't go off!!
We also know that if we so much as stick our noses out the door that there's a pretty good chance of having it shot off if a big chunk of metal falls out of the sky. All this warning stuff is way OTT.
I'm trying to decide what, if anything I want to do today, other than try to sleep. The boys and I were talking about going on another M&M search and seizure mission, but I'm too sleepy to drive that far, so, it will have to wait until Sunday. The upcoming mission will have to be further afield than the last one. Hadera or maybe Netanya or maybe even Raanana! I KNOW they have them down there. Petach Tikva is an option too. I know where there's a store there that has them and a few other things I'd love to buy. Yup, Petach Tikva sounds good.
Now that that's decided, it's time to make coffee and get the pictures out of the camera and in here. More later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The crate of M&Ms still stands....I'll be more than happy to send it out to you when you want.....