Saturday, August 12, 2006

THIS FAT LADY IS NOT GOING SING







To quote a childhood hero, "It ain't over till it's over"
I finally got around to putting the remaining pictures here. The first picture if of a building supply store that took a direct hit. The tall mini sky scraper(14 stories) behind it too a direct hit yesterday. The second is of my store. If you look closely you can see the jagged edges of glass in the window. My desk is right there behind that window!
The Kiryat Shmonah damage report to date:1116 apartments;115 cars;3 kilometers of underground pipes;14 educational facilities, including 4 direct hits on schools;45 new holes in streets;and 100 gravestones. And that's just here, and as of last night. You can count on even more destruction in town before it's over.
Where are the animal lovers? There are some gruesome pictures at www.readme.co.il of cows that were killed yesterday at a kibbutz not far from town. Pardon the oddly worded captions. The guy who wrote them is one of the few people his age that didn't end up with me for an Englishes teacher. Hang on, I'll get the url of the picture page.
Just scroll down and keep a barf bag handy.
http://www.readme.co.il/8on/index.html
We had a council meeting on my ramp last night and it was decided that the M&M search and seizure commando team will go to the Tel Aviv area to replenish my arsenal's figure this is going to go on for at least another 10 or so days. It will take that long to get the cease fire agreement signed, sealed, and delivered. Until then we will keep on shooting at them and they will use up several hundred katyushas in our direction. They seem not to have figured that resupply for them is not going to be as easy as they seem to think it will e and the more they use, the less they'll have.
I did some minor clean up in Gimp House this morning. Very minor; took out almost all the trash (I forgot one) and now for my next trick, I will put new trash bags in all the bins! I might even do the dishes. No how, no way am I going to wash the floors. Peg managed to turn the living room into a yellow swimming pool and I quite simply can not do anything about it. Too many things to pick up and move, not to mention messing about with mops etc. I will just have to wait. At least the new A/C with the plasma filter keeps the smell down, and he hasn't done anything in the liberry/shelter, so that's ok.
I'm feeling like having a wee rant at the other blog....so, feel free!

No comments: