Tuesday, August 08, 2006

BUYING MEDS UNDER SIEGE

I was unhappy in the extreme when my clinic opened it's own pharmacy here because I got a perverse enjoyment out of buying my meds from a pharmacist named Osama. Today was my opportunity to buy there again. The paharmacy was sold and the new owners kept Osama on. He was on the phone getting authorization for us to fill our prescriptions there when the siren went off. The new owner got all excited and asked me to open the door. One of the other people asked "Why?" And I jumped in with "So the katyusha won't break the door on it's way in" She then explained that it's so the blast won't break the windows, conveniently forgetting that they had been broken by a katyusha the day before that fell across the street on the central bus station yet again. The floor was covered in glass shards and she wanted to open the door. Talk about closing the barn door after the horsies escaped.
Gotta go, they're getting closer.

No comments: