Thursday, August 10, 2006

PLANS PLANS AND MORE PLANS

I finally got out of here and went into town to get the loan applications for the loans the government is offering to small business that were closed by the war. Hey! That's me!! I got there before any sirens went off, in spite of having been warned by a neighbor that the shooting would start in 15 minutes. I asked him if he'd gotten a fax or e mail from Nassralla and he said that some soldiers had told him. After I got the forms I decided that as long as I was out, I'd go get 2 more cartons of Marlboro light oxeegen. There was a crowd at the store so I politely waited outside under the overhang roof. Of course the sirens went off and every one went into a panic and ran to the nearest shelter-the underground one I can't get to, so I waited.After a few minutes everyone came running back, and the sirens sounded again. We went through this 3 more times until I just rode in on Harley when they all fled to the shelter. One of the town's better known screw ups was outside yelling at everyone and creating even more panic. When he yelled at me, I just told him to calm down and stop acting like an idiot. He was just making things worse. I got my oxeegen and headed home while katyushas fell around town, but not in town for a change. I have a picture in my camera of a business across from the local cop shop that is a bit of a mess. I'll get it out of the camera and post it tomorrow. Right now I want to get something to eat. What? 1830 isn't a good time for breakfast? Says who?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Breakfast is good anytime of day. That's why I like IHOP. :-D

Jaguar