Tuesday, August 15, 2006

BACK TO NORMAL???

I guess that's one way to put it. People are coming home in droves and the insane Israeli bureaucracy is well on the way to making wishing the fighting against the Hizzbullies was still going on. People are flat broke, business are on the verge of going under and the government is dragging it's feet and making it next to impossible to continue. We'll be ok in the long run because so many doors were damaged and we already have signed orders for over 100,000 shekels in replacement doors. Between 15 to 29 % is ours of that amount. We also will be getting compensation for salaries and partial comp for losses due to having been closed for a month. It will take a while to get it, but we'll make it in the end. I really shouldn't whine too much because we were damn lucky. Our houses are whole, and all that happened at the store was a broken window and computer and we'll get comped on those pretty much immediately.
We'll be going back to Lebanon fairly soon to finish the job and I hope to have the business in good enough shape to get through round two.
Other than that, I'm fine, if tired, both physically, and emotionally from the stress of dealing with authorities today.
Orna and I going to the head office in the morning to get the head guy to move quickly on our claim because he owes me big time! He's the guy who put me in a wheelchair, and he knows it. It'll be ok. So will I.

No comments: