Sunday, August 14, 2005

SLOWLY BUT SORELY

They are taking their own sweet time to heal, my toes are. We, my toes and I, just finished 10 days of antibiotics, and I can walk (sort of) again.
Thursday was a barrel of fun. Dr. Sawbones took the stitches out and we nearly caused a riot at the clinic. The a/c there wasn't working, so he decided to do it in the nurses room. Of course there were lots of people there who needed the nurses and their room, and as all them were Israelis they wanted service *now*. One of the idiot clerks kept telling us that we could use another room, to which we replied that if *we* could use another room, so could *they*. The stitches came out one by one, and yeah, it hurt, but, it's done, and the infection seems to be gone. The bolts might come out next week. I had a fun time taking pictures of the toes, but will not post them here. Way too gross. I spent the rest of the day resting up because Bat Chen had said they might come up for the weekend on Friday. In the end they came on Thursday, which was fine, except I didn't have much to eat in the house. Zohar finally came and bought the cursed Penguin a/c and said he'll buy the other stuff next week. Bat Chen being Bat Chen, called for directions on how to get to Gimp House from the main road. I can tell anyone else to go to the round about, then, follow the signs to Yad Sarah, but not Bat Chen. she went sailing past the critical sign and I had to jump on Harley Too to find her and guide her back! It's a good thing I know every nook and cranny of this town! We got her parked, the stuff out of the van, settled Reef to sleep and went over that law we basing focusing on.
I woke up early on Friday and waited impatiently for them to surface. I had stuff to do in town, so I woke her enough to tell her I was going to town, and would be back ASAP. I dumped 500 in the bottomless pit that is my bank account, tried to find the local papers, bought 2 chickens, then came home. We had coffee, then settled in my *office* to further discuss ways and means. Bat Chen kept saying "need a lawyer", until she remembered that she can ask Aadel, who just happened to be visiting his parents at Cfar Yasif near Akko. It was decided to meet him there at 1700, so, off we went. Aadel went over the copy we found of the law that we had questions about and at some point it was decided that after we sort that issue, we will reactivate Igal-the nonprofit group we set up in 99, and start working through Igal to solve other issues that the big times gimp leaders either don't know or care about. The plan was to stop at KFC on the way home, but the van had a problem and we had to stop and figure out what to do. The problem righted itself and we continued on our way. By then, KFC was closed, so we decided to eat at home. Lucky for us that Orna and I made those fish cakes and that they are nukable. We pulled up at Gimp House to find no place to park, but Haim was outside, so we gave a yell and he moved his car and directed us close to the curb, then, helped us into the house, where we ate, then crashed to sleep. I was smart enough to keep my foot on the wheelchair pillow all the time in the van, so it didn't hurt as much as it would have otherwise.
We got up early on Saturday, took it easy getting them ready to go home as the van needs checking out. They left at 1030 or so. They got home 3 phone calls for directions and 4 hours later.
I spent the day resting up, and am now trying to catch up here, with the foot on a pillow which helps a bit.
I'm quite pleased that we are reactivating Igal. There's a lot that needs doing, and we are good at it! Best of all is that it will be October before we get it up and moving. That gives my foot time to heal, and it's after Holland!
Today is Tisha 'bAv and a national day of mourning and a fast that commemorates the disasters that befell the Jewish people on the date the Temples in Jerusalem were destroyed. All the major disaster that have happened to us have been on that date. We'll be adding a new one soon enough with the withdrawal. It was delayed until after that fateful date, but it's still close enough to it to be counted as yet another disaster, and will be counted sooner than anyone thinks.
Yup, it's time to go A View and rant there a bit.

No comments: