Wednesday, August 24, 2005

ODDITIES

Strange things just keep happening to/around me. Last week I was just lying in bed and thinking of nothing at all. Suddenly I "saw" a light bulb burn out. A few minutes after that I got up to go to the loo and checked that both lights that I always leave on were still on. They were. About an hour after that I came over to the computer, when, after 10 or so minutes, the light bulb here burnt out, just as I had "seen" previously.
Leia and I have mailing back and forth planning our Utrecht jaunt. I reserved my flights without any knowledge of her flight times. For some strange reason I wasn't too surprised to learn that we couldn't have done better if we had tried. I arrive at Schipol at 0850, she arrives at 1305. That leaves me waiting for her, which is just fine as getting from the plane, through to the exit takes some time. Ok, so it takes her the same amount of time, but as I have no problem waiting (as long as I have a book to read) it's just fine. The amazing thing is that our flights home leave within 45 minutes of each other. I'm sure that if we had tried to coordinate, we couldn't have done any better!
The Council is busy planning a birthday/anniversary party for Orna and Danny. The BBQ is sorted and I'm sure Orly has taken care of her end. The bash is planned for tomorrow as they have other plans for the big day itself.
Advice: Do not watch The Patriot with Stephen Segal while reading King's Dreamcatcher. It's too confusing for words.
I am now officially addicted to Sorbo's Hercules series. It is actually a very sophisticated show with endless humor that probably goes right over must of it's apparent target viewers heads. Yesterday we were treated to an episode with a character who was a writer named Parenthesis. Cracked me up, it did. I tend to pay pretty close attention so as not to miss those things. There's also a recurring character named Felafel who invents all kinds of fast foods that inevitably cause much havoc. Salmonius, another regular gets his name scrambled to things like Salmonella among others. Oh, yes, I do like Hercules. Funny stuff, and brilliantly done. I recommend the episode when he invents the Oplympic Games.
I've noticed that Sorbo tends towards very short sidekicks, like the guy who plays Eolus and Harper from Andromeda. They both are excellent straight men for him. Oh, yes, I do like The Sorbo guy.
Zena which is from the same production crew for the most part is good as well, for the same reasons. They also use some of the same characters from Hercules, including a few episodes with Sorbo, and Lawless shows up in Hercules as well. Much fun and many hours of sheer enjoyment.

No comments: