Thursday, August 04, 2005

THE INNER WORKINGS OF A DAMAGED BRAIN

There are times when I don't know if I should throw myself off a high building or just sit back and have a good laugh at myself. I was thinking that it's a good thing I'm already a gimp and have all the required equipment to hand after this operation, wheelchairs, crutches, air mattress, etc. Then it struck me that if I wasn't a gimp I wouldn't have needed the operation in the first place! Like, duh.
Yesterday was pretty good painwise. I only took the post op pain killer once and that was after a relatively long session at the computer. The typical thing is that the toes don't hurt at all. The ball of that foot and the upper part just over the arch are the painful parts, but only when sitting with the foot on the floor at the computer. I think it has something to do with the bandage. Oh, well, I'll find out soon enough. Orna and I are taking my foot to Dr. Sawbones for him to check it and change the bandage a little later, then, maybe shopping.
I think I'll be smart and take the painkiller before we go. I was so pleased that I didn't need it yesterday, but I stayed in and behaved myself pretty much. The worst thing I did was stay at the computer a little too long.I can't believe a week has gone by, and a I haven't really been out except on Tuesday, and even that was just a quick jaunt to do essential things in town. I'm usually pretty defiant about stuff like that and go out anyway. Please don't tell me I've gotten all responsible. It's just not possible. I fully intend to rig a soft something on Harley Too to put the foot on so the bumpy roads won't bother it too much and head out on Sunday. There *are* limits and I've got a bad case of Gimp House Fever. I love Gimp House, but staying in is getting to me. I've even come up with an idea to make BBC's footrest more comfortable on today's excursion; I have a small foam pillow that I can put on the "flipper" and put the foot on to absorb the mayor's pot holes. There are times when I quite impress myself with these 'solutions'
I am hoping against hope that Dr. Sawbones will give me the ok to go to the council meeting tonight at least for a little while. Haim has promised not to drop any more tables on me, so it should be safe.

No comments: