Tuesday, August 09, 2005

THE GREAT RUN AWAY

It was actually closer to the great limp away! I'm heartily sick and tired of lolling in bed all day long and not even being able to get over here for a bit of computer time. I've been taking the antibiots like a good gimp and this morning the foot felt better so, after a short turn here for e mails, a sort discussion with the phone company about the line that is/was blocked for overseas calls, but now works after three months of scream ups, I got dressed, wrapped the foot in a soft neck brace and got myself settled on Harley Too. I made a quick swing through the bank to sort a potential nightmare, bought fags for the rest of the month, then got a new digicamera. It's a small crap one, but super cheap. Yeah, yeah, I know I broke rule about not buying exactly what I really want, but not totally because what I really want is a camera that works, and this one does. After those errands, I went by the butcher and stocked up on fish, which Orna is supposed to come and cook for me, using my recipes.
I've spent hours tracking down our local second hand guy who is supposed to come and buy the infamous Penguin movable airconditioner that never got used, a couple of heaters and various assorted other useless small appliances, but he's never available. Damn. I really need the money and have no use for the items.
I *did* get hold of the shyster and he tells me that yet another mistake was made by the court office, but he has the decision and will bring it by next week. I fully intend to hound him daily next week about it.
The foot must be getting better as I can now put weight on it and stagger a few steps without feeling like I'm about to keel over. It does still hurt, but, I guess that's normal. It's only 11 days after surgery, and there are 4 bolts in those toes. A major source of joy is that those toes are no longer folded in the down position and I don't have *that* pain any more!! On Thursday I'll know more about when the bolts come out, so until then, I'll be good and stay in bed with foot up and not tempt fate anymore. I have a tendency to push these things, usually with nasty results. The trip to Holland is too important to jeopardize, so I think I'll behave for once.

No comments: