Wednesday, August 03, 2005

FOUR TOES AND FOUR DAYS LATER

It's now Tuesday morning and my four pegged (think lobster claws) are feeling better, even after the abuse they were subjected to yesterday. Orna and I went out to do my monthly pay the butcher, get fags,errands and get something for lunch run. Thanks to our ever so smooth streets (a Maine pot hole has nothing on our streets), a new patch of blood appeared on the bandage, and I went through an hour or so of spasms after I got home. Yesterday I had a call from the hospital informing I have to pay for the bolts on my toes. They called back just as I plopped on the bed and told Orna to leave my bag at hands reach. Talk about timing! The bolts were duly charged to my Visa, only 99 shekels for all 4 and I'll get a partial refund. It wasn't as bad as it could have been and only lasted an hour! I was a good gimp for the rest of the day and watched TV and read. I think I also had a wee kip.
Richard called at around 2015 to ask if I was up to some company, and they came over bearing gifts, a lovely watermelon and a picture that Mara painted for me, AND a much welcomed offer of chauffeur service if needed. They bought a car!! Mara hasn't been to Gimp House since all the changes were made and went all gaga over it. We had a lovely visit. I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends. Zahava, Bat Chen, and Rivka call every day, and have offered to come up and help.
I have to go out again on Thursday for Dr. Sawbones to change the bandages and check the toes. I'll stay in until then, but I think I'll be ready to get back on Harley by Sunday. I'm a bit amazed that I haven't tried that yet. Staying in is not something I'm good at! I have to get some shopping done as there is almost nothing to eat left in the house. I've been spoiling myself with take out. The KFC was good for two days and yesterday I had a baguette from Zalman's. I love their mixed grill baguette. I'll consult with Orna about today's treat. I really shouldn't complain, because it really is just a minor irritation considering how well things are going, BUT, my foot really hurts when I sit with it down at the computer. This corner is so cramped that there's absolutely no place to prop it up even a little! However, I CAN stand it for an hour or so now, not like on Saturday when there was no way at all. It *is* getting better though and by next week, I should be back to my normal computer time.
Time to get morning coffee #2 and resettle myself in bed and find Orna. YES, I can now make myself coffee and not even get up from the chair!!

No comments: