Sunday, August 21, 2005

THE LUCK OF THE LAME AND HALT

With my bank account yet again approaching disaster, I've been trying to figure out how in the world I'm going to pay for my trip to Holland next month. Every time I go into my travel agent it seems the price has gone up. Today was the big day. The flight had to be paid before fares went up again. While still in the small talk part of things, I asked Jenny if maybe there wasn't a cheaper fare? She checked and lo and behold, there was one seat for $ 150 less. We grabbed it, and after many complicated mathematical calculations I wrote three checks for the whole thing, flights and hotel, for a lot less than I thought. My cheek muscles ache from smiling. The whole amount is well within my limited ability to pay even if none of the jerks who owe me money cough up anything by then! The Gimp Of Purple Traveling Road Show is ready for take off. I've even got the cash part sorted, not to mention the gifts from the Holy Land for Dwight and Dirk. Nope, I'm not telling, but I am confident that they will really like them.
I am so thankful that the cost worked out. I've been sending up little prayers of thanks since I left the travel agent.
We are now at my favorite part of the whole travel thing, the tickets and hotel are sorted, so the trip is a go, and that delicious period of anticipation starts. I just love this run up to the trip itself. It's almost more enjoyable than the actual trip, operative word there being ALMOST. I just love it!!!

No comments: