Sunday, August 14, 2005

MUST BE GETTING BETTER

If I've been able to post twice here today, my foot must be getting better!
The Philmore aka Dad called today to see how my foot is after the op. I couldn't have been more pleased, as he's been a bit forgetful lately. Like I'm not? He asked about the weather and I took a wild guess and told him "high nineties!" That was some guess. I just checked Yahoo and it was 99 today. Doesn't get much higher than that in the nineties, does it? It's going to stay right up there for the next 10 days or so.
The fast is over and I'm enjoying my first beer since the Toe Job. Ahhhhhhhh, it is nice.
After watching the 1700 news flash I have decided not to watch any more news for the next two weeks. The lies and distortions coming from the mouths of Peres, Sharon and their lackeys are just too much to bear. The only thing of interest to me on the news is the weather, and I can get that on Yahoo.
I don't mean to sound condescending here, but, when I reread my posts and see the typos and left words, it reminds me that I once heard that goofs of that type are signs of intelligence. The mind thinks faster than the fingers type and words get left out. It happens when I write by hand as well, so I must be a little bit smart. That supposedly also explains why the goofs aren't caught in a goof reading immediately after writing it. The mind sees what is supposed to be there, even if it isn't.

No comments: