Saturday, August 27, 2005

ONE GIMP TAG

Thank G-d for Saturdays. It's the one day of the week when I can play *catch-up* with myself. I've been a bit busy this past week. My toes are coming along nicely, and I have been reveling in lurching around Gimp House barefoot! Ah, the joy. One of the 4 toes wasn't a complete success, and Dr.Sawbones wanted to check it out when I went to see him on Thursday about something else entirely. I told him that it can wait until I get back from Holland.
Last week The Council decided to have a surprise party for Orna (birthday) and Danny (wedding anniversary) and it was decided that I would take of the BBQ meat and Orly would do the salads and other stuff as I can't be in the kitchen long enough to do anything edible. Orly and Haim appeared at my door on Tuesday (after I bought the meat) and announced that they had the list for me. The look on their faces was priceless when I reeled off what I'd bought earlier! Haim just crumpled the list and tossed it over his shoulder!
I spent Tuesday looking up stuff on the great WWW for Bat Chen and figuring out to tweak my finances to allow me to go to Holland with a reasonable amount of cash. After hours of figuring, I came up with "Plan Combina" which includes putting a stop on the 500 shekel deposit to my savings account for 3 months, canceling that autopayment of the dreaded electrickery bill, and a few other tweaks here and there. It's doable and with any luck at all, at least one of the jerks who still owes me money will pay up. The courts will be back at work in a few days and all my shyster has to do is put a *clamp* on Albilia's daughter's bank account, and he'll pay up PDQ. So there's some hope there. There's also 800 worth of unused stuff for the second hand guy, who has promised to but it before the trip. With that 800 and the 600 I've tweaked from my account, I can swing about 250 Euros or so. That just leaves me working on how to sort that 800 shekel check that will bounce if I don't work something out. That bit of headache came about because Orna's cupboard was bare and I took her shopping. Her part of that bill was just over 500 and my part was just under 300 or so, and there's no way she'll be able to give me her part by that date on the check. I don't know how, but one way or another I'll figure it out.
Child Genius has donated web space for Ygal, the non profit help the crips Amutah (not sure of what is in English so will use Amutah) that we started in 99, then let ride. She's been working hard on the site and it will go up today along with a message board we intend to use to answer questions and give advice on how to deal with the insanity of dealing with the practical stuff here. She calls me every few hours to run things by me, and I've had the joy of reminding her of the obvious. We needed two more members and I threw two names at her, both of whom she talks to almost daily, and thus, solved that issue. We also have a march on Jerusalem in the works, but not until after Holland!
On Thursday I went to the clinic to ask Dr. Sawbones a question about one of Ygal's cases and to ask if he would sign on as our Ortho consultant for stuff like that. He agreed, so that's sorted. When I got home from my quick jaunt into town, I took the BBQ stuff to Orly and kept her company while she made the salads, the came home to rest up for the evening. Danny was told to take Orna out until 1900. He was only told about the birthday part, not the anniversary, and Orna and Danny were surprised to arrive and find all of us in their balloon decorated yard with everything ready, including the grill. The surprise was a success. The little kids started to get on my nerves, so I left before the cake, rather than risk another outburst.
On Friday I went out early for the papers and got them read before Bat Chen started calling. Child Genius wasn't working fast enough for her,(very few people do) and I had to call him a few times, and send a bunch of e mails. I haven't heard from either of them since 2300, so, with any luck, he sent her the info. At worst, he'll be over here later and we'll do it then. I *did* get a confirmation e mail from him about the tickets for the con in Holland. So that's ok.
Today I'm just catching up with myself, reading Old Home town Newspapers and the like, until CG gets here later. Alice and Missy (from the VA A Team list got together yesterday and I'm waiting for a report from at least one of them. If nothing lands in my in box, I'll just call Alice. For now, it's over to the Times Record if the site is working today. It's been down over the last few weekends.

No comments: