Saturday, February 02, 2008

IF ONLY I HAD BEEN PAYING ATTENTION

I staggered out of the computer corner to the kitchen and suddenly saw the flashing red lights of a fire truck outside my living room window. After a quick look around Gimp House to be sure it wasn't on fire I sent Dem Der out into the cold night to investigate. He quickly popped his head back in to tell me that a bus parked outside (illegally) was on fire and that two fire trucks were there. Of course it never entered my mind to grab the camera and shoot a couple of pictures to illustrate this post. I did lurch over to the door to take a look, but the excitement was over by then.
That bus often parks there even though there is a local ordinance against parking buses and trucks on residential streets and he was in a marked no perking zone. In fact my car is the only one allowed to park on that side of the street and is a marked and signed disabled spot for my car only. I rather like having that bus parked there because it's much wider than my little Focus and protects it from being hit by suicide drivers. Law, what law? People here just park where they want and no one bothers about it. KNowing how things work here, I won't lose the protection the bus provides for the Focus even though the driver should be at the very least cited for parking in a red/white no parking zone. For that to happen there would have to be a minimum of cooperation between the fire and police departments. As that is not the case, I can rest knowing that the bus will continue to protect my car. Not very civic minded of me, but, very, very, very, Israeli.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is some excitement. Did you ever find out what happened for the bus to be on fire? At least your car was OK> That's the important part. LOL

Purplegimp said...

It was less exciting than it sounds. As far as Dem Der could find out, it was some kind of electric fault that started the fire.
Keep in mind that the main reason there's anything left of the bus is that my car was untouched!

Raymurdock said...

Hey I was worried about you. I send you an email nad never got back to me. I'm glad you are okay and your car as well.

Purplegimp said...

Susie,
Did you send it to my 013 account or the yahoo one? I'm kind of ignoring yahoo these days because it's mostly just spam that comes in. It's best to use the 013 one

Raymurdock said...

I can't used your 013 email even when I try to respond to it when you send it to me . Yahoo come back saying it doesn't exist so yes I send it to you using your yahoo email

Purplegimp said...

Sheesh, Susie, I answered all of your mails that came into my Yahoo account. There was a time when my 013 mail wasn't working right but it's been just fine lately. Try it again? Or, send one to both, and we'll see ok?

Raymurdock said...

Okay I did I send one to yahoo and one to 013 and guess what 013 came back. I was worried about you because the last thing I send from the rorooter email . I was telling you about my changes in my story that it was going two ways. Maybe I copy your 013 email wrong. Please answer this with that email. Is Jeanine coming to visit you ?