Friday, February 15, 2008

ONE WHOLE DAY

Yes, I know it's bitchy of me, but I had a wonderful day yesterday. Dem Der took himself for the whole day and got back at around 2200. It's not that I got much done. It was just knowing he wasn't here and wouldn't walk in any time soon. I did manage to get most of the floor washed and all of it swept, so there's that. Wheely floor washing is not fun, but it's the only option for someone who can only free stand for 30 seconds.
That miserable pressure is getting better. The patch that nightmare of a substitute nurse put on it fell off in the night and I got it taped back on in place where it stayed until it was time to change it. I have hopes that by the end of next week it might be all gone. At least it is now past the point where it keeps waking me up all night long.
The last few days have been rainy and windy. Not much thunder and lightning for me to enjoy, but the wind and rain was lovely. New Harley Too is finally fixed and goes in the rain just like he's supposed to. There are two lessons for Afikim in that. The first and most important is that Yefim can fix anything. The second is that when the gimp says there's a problem, there is a problem. Now, all that's left is to make Afikim's upper management miserable, and I'm going to start on that fun project first thing Sunday morning. I did, of course call Yefim and tell him. The bosses can wait for my organized attack. It's so much better to do these things with a proper plan. They don't know it yet, but they are going to give me a deal on a baby scooter that folds up and goes in and out of the car easily like they've never given before, and be happy about it.
Here it is Friday again, a short day and all I have to do is hop into town for the local papers, and then, just take it easy for the weekend.

No comments: