Tuesday, February 05, 2008

SO MUCH FOR NICE QUIET ALONE DAYS


























Yesterday I was supposed to have a 'day off' from Dem Der. I forgot about phones. He started calling at around 0900 as if I was just sitting here waiting for progress reports from him and so it went all day until he finally staggered in. In retaliation I decided to take pictures of his toxic watelands and post them here. The first is a shot of his bed. I don't how he finds room to sleep there. The next is the infamous table in the living room. He just dumps everything on it and leaves it there. And last but not least, we have the floor at the entrance to his room. Is it any wonder I don't go in there? I'd break my neck before getting past the first obstacles. Now there's an idea! Maybe the army could use him to set up obstacle courses for training.
On the up side, it won't be for much longer. He's found a flat in Safed and they are going to start work on it soon. Then, out he goes! And I can have my nice quiet solitary life back until the next crisis. He's developed a new habit. Every time he comes out of his toxic hidey hole he asks if I want anything. Granted, it's his way of trying to help, but it s so annoying. Maybe next time he asks I'll tell him that the only thing I want is for him to stop asking if I want anything. I've explained to him a hundred thousand times that I did everything myself before he came and will have to go back to doing everything myself after he leaves, so there's no reason not to do everything myself while he's here. I do understand that he does it from a genuine desire to help. It just drives me wild. It's probably mean of me to be so happy when he leaves early and comes back late, but...I like knowing that I have a few hours of having things my way. The toilet seat stays down, his TV doesn't compete with mine, I don't get news alerts from him every hour. If I want news there are more than enough sources that I can check myself. I do not want to get alerts all the time, especially not today or tomorow. No news for this gimp until tomorrow morning when I'll get the primary results from the interweb.
As it's a nice sunny day, I think I'll get dressed and go for a ride around town.

5 comments:

Raymurdock said...

and I thought my bedroom was messy. Sunny day huh . It rain all day here .

Purplegimp said...

Susie, Your room is very neat. Mine is a mess, but I've never seen anything to rival this! I had to post the pictures because I had the feeling that my descriptions just didn't quite convey the level of devastation.

Anonymous said...

Very, very messy indeed. But, I hate to tell you this Lucy, I know of a room that is far, far, far worse. Yes, I could show it to you if I had a camera to take the pic.

I do wish you the best of luck when the dem der finally makes his swan song outta there. Egad! Good riddance.

Anonymous said...

Lucy that was me pep on that last comment. anon my buttox.

Purplegimp said...

Gracie,I can actually think of a whole apartment that came pretty close to that mess, but it wasn't in my house and the folks who lived there didn't mind, so I didn't.This is in MY house, so it bugs me a bit. I really only posted the pictures to prove that I wasn't just wingeing about a pair of socks left on the floor! He'll be gone one day and I'll bring in a bulldozer!
And yeah, I knew it was you.