Friday, February 15, 2008

HOW COOL WAS THAT?

We just had an earthquake. The whole house rumbled and shook but nothing fell. When it started I just looked around and quickly decided to stay right where I am, in the computer corner which is right next to the shelter and the only spot that is safer than this corner is the shelter. There's all kinds of yelling and hollering outside.
Gosh, I haven't felt an earthquake in I don't know how long. Poor Peg. He's still cowering between my bed and the antique wardrobe. Smart dog. Oh, there was just a tiny aftershock tremble. I have a feeling I'll be sitting here for a while. It will not do at all to be knocked off my feet by a tremor. I think I'll give it a half hour or so, then, at least turn the TV to a radio station. It's not that I'm afraid of earthquakes. I quite simply can't get up if I fall, and my fall could well trigger a bigger quake than that one was.

No comments: