Friday, February 08, 2008

A SLOW WEEK

I sort of just drifted through the week and didn't get much done. I did have two days pretty much on my own when Dem Der took off for the day. I just sat back and enjoyed the quiet. I did take my poor pressure sore to the clinic on the appointed days. On Wednesday we found that the antibiotic patch had fallen off which explained why it hurt so much. There was a substitute nurse there who really got me going. She wanted to wrap it up her way, so I let her. Then, when I got home, I took most of the mummy wrappings off and taped the gauze pad on so it wouldn't fall off. I'm taking the whole mess back today in the hope that at least one of the regular nurses will be there to get it done properly. Actually, that will have to wait until Sunday. I just found out that the substitute nurse is still there. RATS. Now for some fun with that miserable English newspaper. They finally got the delivery sorted and it gets here every day in the correct place. The new trick is that it's not wrapped in it's own little wrapper. Of course that's only a problem when we have a wild windy rain storm. A soggy newspaper is not easy to read. The gal I just spoke to promised that it would start coming in it's wrapper on Sunday. Yeah, right.
I guess I'd better get Peg in, take my meds, get dressed and head for town.
It really has been a most boring week

No comments: